Sunday, June 12, 2005

Indian Wisdom (cont'd)

(NOTE: I’m re-posting this and removing the original. Since it somehow came in with the date of October 2005 on it, it would otherwise stay at the top of the list until then. I think we need things to move down so we can see at a glance that something is new. I’ve re-posted all the comments as well, though they will come through as being from me, I cut and pasted them from the originals, so they correct in content. ~ Winnie)

Vision questing,burnt sage in hand,
sacred smoke cleanses the palette.
I sit rooted to this tree.
A tiny moth lands very close,unfolding it's wings,
displaying intricate patterns before my eyes.
The question-What is life? seems insignificant.
Native blood courses through my veins still.
Ancient wisdom beckons me to know it..and follow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Vi Jones said...

Beautiful, Maya. We could learn much from our Native American brothers and sisters. Their sense of appreciation and their connection to the earth is unmatched anywhere or by anyone.

Unknown said...

Fran said...

Wise woman of the distant mountains
let me sit in silence before you
Teach me the voice of the west wind
Tell me the story the mountains hold
Show me the secrets of the high tarn
Make me listen earth, sky and let me walk carefully in my time.

Unknown said...

maya said...

Make me listen earth, sky and let me walk carefully in my time....That is beautiful, Fran.