Saturday, May 28, 2005

Eternal Forest

Within the eternal forest of rain,
I wander alone,
lost in the shadows.

Tendrils of moss reach to entangle,
draw me into moist green caverns
from which I might never emerge.

Trees growing from the decay of their nurturing mothers,
the fallen giving life to the new.
Moss draped branches restricting my view.

Green in one hundred thousand shades
punctuated only by shadows
beyond which green is supreme.

The constant drip from branches above
like the tick of an old fashioned clock
dripping my life away.

I search for the sky
but all that I see are canopies of green.
I am surrounded above and beneath

by lush vegetation.
that smothers my psyche
as do rivulets with long grasses flowing.

Green reflecting pools
are the eyes
into the soul of the forest,

they draw me.
Shall I let go?
I'm tempted.

Release me,
Eternal Forest of Rain.
For return now I must

to sunshine and sky.
I will never forget you,
Forest of Life

for you are the cradle of being,
the keeper of secrets,
our life.

Vi
©May 28, 2005

No comments: